Wireless speakers ... wireless amp

Emile

Running a 7.1 system in my living room. Cornwall's up front (via separate Marantz 2252B), KG3.2's, KG1.5's, KV2 and a homemade 6 cuft subwoofer (put a Klipsch badge on it :) ) and in the rear a set of KG5.2' hooked up wireless via a Rocketfish transmitter/receiver. Question is about the rear speakers.

Almost all of these transmitter/receiver kits have CHEAP built-in amps (most do not even specify Watts output) - and no "line-out" outputs. First, cannot believe these cheap amps produce "good sound," or am I mistaken? Second, would like to use a vintage amp for the rears as I have some "spares." (Especially since I may replace these KG5.2's with my Forte's or Chorus II's - Overkill??) But, have no line-out for an amp. Know I can use a "speaker out to line out converter," but that seems to defeat the purpose, i.e. GIGO (garbage in ... garbage out).

Appreciate your comments. Thanks a lot! :) 

Cheers, Emile

Thanks for bringing this up. Have thought some about this yet, not a lot as once wireless setup, a listener may soon forget. Such is the nature of seamless interface to the system, of course.

My early thinking is that standard makers of wireless equipment need only be so exacting as, if it works, then out of thought out of mind. There may well be some in this or related industry looking to create an audiophile, videophile enhancement of upgrade to their offerings to the consumer presented in such a way to separate the novice from their money. At this community, the watch is usually on for snakeoil enhancements, from any and every perspective imagined. Do suppose there are or definitely can be real world, measured improvements to any system by the use of more costlier parts. Looking at the supply chain then, a maker of wireless parts, look to the distinct buy one fits all approach, for the sake of their economics and the competition that must be out there, in lowering the price to the maker of these products.

It seems to me that if the wireless signal meets the propagation requirements for the consumer, and also meets the part 15 sections as stated by the FCC then, that is then the end of it all. Nothing more to think about or consider. End user, suggests, no hassle simple dimple install.

All of this then is known and more, much more, of course by other. IMLO

What may be a key question then for say wireless speakers, is how well do they receive and convey/translate that information to the receiver of the data to the end user.

Too bad I thought it necessary to try to layout  in non-brief form, instead of the elaborate bottom line. Going back to minimalist form soon.

Hope this makes a little sense. Also hope that those in the know about similar matters will walk all over my post, if only for their point of view since I am somewhat removed still and behind any developments regarding the technology.

Thanks, OP

Sorry OT, inexpensive internal amps neglected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Sorry OT, inexpensive internal amps neglected.

This last bit then. Not seeing it go this way yet may be interesting to consider designing  a wireless speaker with  interchangeable plug and play choices.

For instance an exchange for a higher end, higher output amp module. User friendly. Talk is cheap yet fun, at times. Maybe not a practical or logical concept at all. Yet for the entrepreneur thinking ahead...

Alright then.

• Like 1