Rp160 paired to kt120 tube amp missing some bass slam?

DjOverdose

Here's what my speaker output looks like. It's both for 4ohms and 8ohms compatible. That's how the builder designed it. 

After visiting my friends shop and listening to the gear again in my house, there are two things I noticed that could probably be the problem. 

1. The amp Is probably need some more time to open up. (let's not make a debate about breaking in 😁) 

2. Room accustic. It's canceling some of the bass from the speaker because when I was In the shop the bass was like 30% more audible it almost made me scratch my head. Would like to try to use some bass traps or other sound treatments but I'm a bit hesitant since the area where my set up is was a mix use room. 

20171221_091828.jpg

• 6 months later...

Just an update.... It turned out that the lack of bass was somewhat because the sound was thin because either the tube amp wasn't fully broken or also the rp160 was still in breaking period. Right now the sound is more open and the bass is already there although at some music the bass tends to sound abit rounder. Probably it's because of the tubes. 

18 hours ago, DjOverdose said:

Just an update.... It turned out that the lack of bass was somewhat because the sound was thin because either the tube amp wasn't fully broken or also the rp160 was still in breaking period. Right now the sound is more open and the bass is already there although at some music the bass tends to sound abit rounder. Probably it's because of the tubes. 

Nice to hear an update.  Thanks.

Glad you are happier now after break in.