really howling in the big easy

avman

Glad to hear you are ok. Really worrying thing the weather. Seems to be getting worse and worse each year (part of global warming? El Nino?).

This year has been dreadfull in Europe. We had snow in Athens for the first time in 30 years and appalling flooding all over the continent (though fortunately not too bad here).

Wonder what is next?

In Lafayette as I type. Last night I was in the Army EOC. Went home for some sleep then came back. This is a local law enforcement and National Guard fight, but since I'm regular Army, I'm acting as some make-shift liaison with the Feds and NG guys (that's in very simplified terms). I wanted to sit this one out, but no such luck. A LA state senator insisted I come back to watch the show from the EOC. These cajun boys thinks it funny that it's my first hurricane.

See everyone on the other side.

I spent some time in Mississippi not once did I ever get to see a hurricane. I would tell the locals that I wanted to. They looked at me like I was nuts and said "No... No you don't"... Well, i was in the Navy at the time, young dumb. 3.gif

Hope all people in the gulf are doing ok. 1.gif

thanks for the replies-must have really been roaring thru lafayatte. made out ok, got a day off and didn't lose power so took advantage and watched 'collateral damage' on dishnet ppv/big screen and pj! watching 'driven' now-if you get the chance, watch THIS one (driven) in high definition! awesome color and detail!

avman.

----------------

On 10/3/2002 9:49:42 PM TBrennan wrote:

MaxG---Could be worse, you could have Persians in Athens again, have to take to the wooden walls.

----------------

Nah...we aint heard a peep from them since big Al kicked their butts!!

A good thing since the wooden walls have fallen into some disrepair.