New to this

ProstheticSoulX

Hey everyone, I've decided to take the leap into the home theater game soon, and I'm looking for some input. This will be my first home theater setup (I've been using a vizio soundbar for the last 5 or so years), and I'm not sure if everything will work (receiver having enough power, etc). I'm looking to eventually have a 5.1.2 system, starting with the receiver, floor standing speakers, and center channel. I put together a wishlist of all the components that I am considering and would really appreciate some advice (alternate receiver suggestions, etc).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3FO8OALSMMALL

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ProstheticSoulX
Format

Welcome. All your choices look pretty solid. The only item I saw that might not match completely is the center speaker. The RP440c matches the newer Reference Premier speakers from Klipsch. The RF82ll s an older series, but that is a very good speaker. The matching center for the RF82ll is a RC62ll, or a RC64ll. I do't know if Amazon has those or not, I know they're getting harder to find. 

You might consider calling a Klipsch dealer to price a complete system, especially the matching towers to the RP440 center. Metropolislakeoutfitters on here is a Klipsch dealer on here, Cory, he's a good guy. It doesn't hurt to shop around. 

I'm not very up to date on AVRs, but Onkyo  makes a quality product.

There are a few members on here that are more up to date on this stuff, they should be along soon.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

The problem with mis-matching speakers isn't about the looks, it's about the sound. Each speaker has a different voice, or timbre. Timbre matching the front 3 speakers  (LCR, left, center, right) is pretty important. You want a sound or an effect to travel from the left speaker to the center, then to the right speaker to sound the same, just coming from a different direction. A mis-matched speaker might not give you the same sound as the others. The best front 3 of a system is actually 3 identical speakers, but that seldom works.

There are a lot of variables to answer when getting the most out of your investment. Will this be mostly for movies, or music, size of room, room treatments, and the big one.....budget.

You might look into the Klipsch RP line, like the center you have listed, maybe the RP280 or RP260.

There's a website that specializes in AVRs, https://www.accessories4less.com/index.php?page=seek&id[m]=pattern&id[q]=int20...you might look at those.

• Like 1

I was unaware of that, thanks! I think im leaning towards the RC-62II for my center channel. That way the 3 front speakers will match, and still be within budget. I'm sure the RP line is nicer, but it is a bit outside of what I'm looking to spend. Is it just the LCR that need to match? Or is it best to have all speakers from the same product line?

Also, I took a look online and found a klipsch dealer in my area. Going to call them within the next week or 2 to see if they could help with pricing.

That's a good move. The RC62ll is a great speaker, one of the best Klipsch has made, they are getting hard to find though. A while back, Fry's had a deal on them, I believe it was under $200!. There are a few authorized Klipsch dealers that sell way below msrp, one is Mike from Sound Distributors. They have to advertise a certain price, but sell less than that, but you have to call them for the best deals, their internet site won't show the best deals. You also have to watch for open box deals. I believe Klipsch only warranties them for 90 days, even though they might be purchased from a dealer. 

The surround channels aren't quite as important to timbre match. 

Just curious, where are you located?