Klipsch Heresy

Transcon

My grandfather just downsized homes and has had these speakers for as long as I remember. Unfortunately we have no room for them in his new retirement condo so I told him I would list them here for those of you who know and appreciate the brand and hopefully put a little cash in his pocket to use in the underground bingo betting racket. Cosmetically they could use some refinishing but the cane grills are in fairly good shape and sound wise they are still great, we just enjoyed some Herb Albert as we were packing up the house....the man sure knew how to blow a horn. Located in Orange County, CA. Let me know if there are any questions and I will do my best to answer them. Thanks 

$275

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3851 7.jpg

Edited by Transcon

Welcome, the Paps has taste.
You are opening yourself up to some fine /kind folk and some that will make yourself wonder WTF you posted this. Seriously these guys will help.

What matters? Condition and finish for cosmetics and functionality.

Condition, well you know what that means. water rings, chips, etc for looks and then there is the function. Do all drivers work? Stuff a sock in each tweeter and mid range one at a time and listen. Does both tweeter and mid work in each speaker? Does it buzz?

The serial number, as I decode it is 1980. The sequence is off by one but with raw birch no big deal since sequential means matching veneer. With that said, raw birch were the least expensive to manufacture (duh, no veneering and staining labor)

The crossover networks will begin losing their luster after 20 years so these will have to be rebuilt in order to shine.

Cain grills are somewhat in demand BUT these are not pristine and like the speaker cabinets show evidence of moisture intrusion. Not good if my eyesight doesn't lie.

Do you want my opinion on what I would pay if they local and I was looking to buy Heresy I?

Bottom line is that they are worth whatever a buyer will pay. Never know there might be a guy right around the corner dying for some in a system or as surrounds or to rebuild with fancy smancy veneer. Good luck!

For example, as my last deal on Heresy, I think I paid $400 for this pair of non-sequential, raw birch Heresy IIs from 1986 in very excellent condition. That was local in S TX and delivered.

20180119_111524.jpg