Parasound A23 + P3 vs. NAD C372

bkevind

So.  I get upgrade-itis, pretty much all the time for everything.

I've noticed in my local CL a nice little preamp and amp set for sale. (https://austin.craigslist.org/ele/d/parasound-halo-a23-amplifier/6516428257.html)

I know the pre section of my integrated NAD C372 isn't the best, but the amp is generally pretty darn good.  I also know from hearsay that the internet tells me (it must be true then) that Parasound amps and preamps are very good.  The real questions are   1. would I even notice and 2. is it worth the cost if there is some tangible difference

I feed the NAD C372 mostly streamed files from Tidal (occasional vinyl from a mid-entry level player) fed through a Multibit DAC (Schiit modi multi).  

I'm happy with the sound as is, my limitations are the room and positioning more than anything.  But still.  Parasound.  Halo...it's got Halo in the name so it must be amazing, no? 

How do Parasound amps/pres pair with Klipsch?  (Yes it matters, yes amps affect the sound :P

31 minutes ago, willland said:

I am guessing a high noise floor?

Bill

I guess.  Again just going by what the internet voices tell me to think. :D

I am curious and would like to compare, but maybe not worth dropping 1k for something I don't "need"

5 hours ago, bkevind said:

I guess.  Again just going by what the internet voices tell me to think. :D

I am curious and would like to compare, but maybe not worth dropping 1k for something I don't "need"

My NAD T773 has a great preamp section with the exception of a low level hum/hiss that this generation AVRs, preamps, integrateds were known for.  Not an issue when you give it some gas but low level listening it is somewhat noticeable.

I had the Parasound New Classic 2100 preamp/2125 amp combo for a little while and wish I had never sold it.  Bought it to flip and almost bailed on that.  Regrets.

Bill