RF7 II's vs RP280F vs RF3 ll's

Joe01880

Sigh........Joe, where should I begin with replying to this wall of "hope I didn't offend" text...?  

I have been a member here for going on 4 years now, 12 if you want to be technical and include a previous username.  I've seen things be done in certain ways that work, and in certain ways that don't.  It's the story of life, some things work and some things don't.  Some things go the way we plan and others don't.  I've done my fair share of trial and error enough times to say I've participated in that loop a fair number of times as well.

I will never claim any expertise, and I will never chime in on a subject I know nothing about unless it's asking a question to learn more.

You asked about upgrading an AVR from one unit that is the Pioneer Elite SC-91, a reputable unit with serious power and a good feature set against the Denon AVR-X7200, another reputable unit with serious power and good features.  But you didn't mention as to why.  Why is that important here?  Well, what did you want out of the upgrade?  Power? Features?  Upgradability?  If so, could there be more cost effective ways to do it?  There are.  There's always multiple options out there for what a person wants to do.  So when a person comes to the group here, we want to make sure that someone gets a good reply, an array of responses, and information to make a good well informed decision so that they don't have buyers remorse later.  We all have upgradeitis, that's not what anyone asked you about.  It's about ordering and maximizing your current upgrade potential.

Now that being said, I've worked with the public for ten years (I don't anymore, for similar reasons as this).  I've seen plenty of people come up to me insisting they know what product they want, and assuming that it's right for them.  Then they get mad at me when I don't confirm their "well thought out (usually not)" research and refute it.  I have never been in the business of enabling someone in the wrong direction.  I'll push someone all day to upgrade, but only if it's the right option for them.  I'd push someone into other products - again if it works for them.  It seems to me, with your response above, you already made your choice as to what your updates are going to be.

With that being said pardon my "kid" self (a moniker you haven't been around long enough yet to understand why it's there) and ask you, if that's the case, why are you here asking for advice?  Why do you have such a problem with answering simple questions?

Incidentally, what you're trying to do with an all in one approach with the X7200 will not yield the results you want.  Bi-wiring as you're mentioning will reduce your WPC, thus making the point of bi-wiring moot.  You need 2x the power for 3 dB of sound difference, which bi-wiring off of an AVR will not yield.  You're better off to run a single lead off of it.  With RF-7's you could potentially be better off buying a nice slim PreAmp, and a beefy power amp.  But I digress, you've already made it clear that the X7200 is THE ONLY OPTION for you.  But while you're focusing on my simple question and blowing it out of proportion, I and almost every other member (every other) that have replied have all suggested examining the speakers first.  At any rate, good luck to you - whatever you do, hopefully you will prove yourself right.

Wow!

I'm going to save is both some time dude and put you on ignore, best of luck to you in life sir, madam or youngin!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Joe01880 said:

I'm going to save is both some time dude and put you on ignore, best of luck to you in life sir, madam or youngin!

I fail to see the insult in his post.  You've been given good advice by several members.  Hopefully the path you choose will be the right one for you and yield the results you're looking for.  Keep us posted as to which way you go and be sure to post lots of pictures.  We love that.  I see no reason to continue the back and forth which seems inevitable at this point.