Surrounds for Cornwalls

dkbks

I've been using some speakers from a stereo in another room just as temporary speakers until I get the used $400 Heresys. You could buy something used cheap as a temporary fix and then sell them to buy the Heresys when you are ready.

I've found my bookshelf speakers (BA A60's) give me enjoyable surround sound...not the timbre matched high effeciency heritage speakers I'm praparing to buy--but a much more enjoyable sound than no surrounds when watching movies.

Feel free to use anything you can get your hands on. The Heresy is the cheapest speaker that is timbre matched to your Cornwalls. Anything else is a compromise. My guess is that listening to that compromise will motivate you to find a way to afford the Heresys even if you have to get a job, get another job, beg, borrow or steal. So why not bite the bullet now?

FWIW my first rear speakers were a pair of Radio Shack Optimus Pro LX5s. Worked fine back in the days when all we had was Dolby Prologic. As soon as I upgraded my receiver and started listening to material recorded in Dolby Digital and DTS I was immediately motivated to get another pair of Heresys to match the ones I had in the front.