Help with my KB-15s

Ladies and gentlemen,

I am sure this is not a new topic but...

I am the proud owner of a set of KB-15s. I want a simple home amp that will bring out the inherent potential of these speakers. However, I have a budget no greater than $500.00, and, a permanent high-frequency hearing loss.My goal is simply to listen to good music while I sit at my desk and generate some art and write some essays. Music inspires me. Blues. Classical. Jazz. Mainly real music with guitars, horns, Leslies, bass, singers with wonderful natural voices and NOT ELECTRICALLY GENERATED NOISE. Clapton, Santana, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Amy Winehouse (what a terrible loss), Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell, Bette Midler, Bo Diddley, Big Daddy Wilson, Cat Stevens, Chicago, The Doors, Earth Wind & Fire, Beethoven, Opera, etc...

I need help! Thank you all so much and I sincerely wish Mr. Klipsch were still alive so I could shake his hand and thank him.

Mike 

• Like 1

Mr. Adams, I presume...

The issue you present is well detailed.  And I do believe finding a solution is quite simple.

Are you stateside?

A cursory search found these Stereo Receivers - both I highly recommend:

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/intdtm407/integra-dtm-40.7-2-x-80-watts-networking-stereo-receiver/1.html

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrs700bl/yamaha-r-s700-2-ch-x-100-watts-natural-sound-stereo-receiver-bose-901-comp/1.html

Both of the units the MR kid pointed out are very fine units. But with what you are telling us about your hearing I would get the YAMAHA R-S700 From experience with both of those manufacturers the Yamaha in my opinion sounds far superior in the mid range sound and sound superior with using high efficiency Klipsch Speakers and it does have a subwoofer output for expandability and a lot of other options and Yamaha is known to last for years and years as the other brand is questionable on lasting more the. 4 or 5 years

Well Guys,

I bit the bullet and found a 'used like new' R-S700 for $450, including shipping, and snapped it up. Dad Gum those things are hard to find! Amazon never heard of it, Accessories4Less  was out of stock, and Ebay had a grand total on 1 listed so that was it. I am sure it will be worth every penny when coupled with the KB-15s.

Thank you both again!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

06/13/2018 @ almost exactly 2400 kicked the R-S7000 off with the KB15s about 24" from my nose. Strictly random selection from playlist was Traffic's live version of "40,000 Headmen". That was a kind nudge from God because in 1972 I was at the Santa Monica, CA Civic Center when Traffic played that song live. I loved it then and I love it now and this rig makes it sound better now than my memory of the original. Now comes the Eagles with Desperado and while I never saw them live it is like I have them live right here, right now.

I am now fulfilled. This rig is right and the music natural and clear. The vocals are almost, almost too good. My only problem now is I will have to stay up all night listening to Stevie Nicks singing Rhiannon.

God help me and thanks for the great advice guys.

• Like 1