WTB 6.5" IW grill frame kit or discontinued 6.5" in wall speaker

Dykstrajl

I have a pair of R-5650 W, and I am struggling to find a frame kit for them. They are series 1 and discontinued. Called Klipsch support and they are no longer able to get the part. I am not looking for the IK650 kit. I am looking for part number 1000506.

Checked ebay, check various websites, simply speakers and can't find them anywhere. I have the speaker and the grill. I do not have the white frame that runs on the perimeter of the of the speaker. See attached pic to clear any confusion. Sorry for the poor pic, just did that real quick. 

I believe the grill frame kit from the R-2650 w, R-1650 w, SCW-2, and I'm sure a few more will fit, or they should be able to with slight modifications. If I can't find the actual part I am going to keep searching ebay periodically for some older speakers that have the frame kit on them (which came on them new) and just use those. Just figured I would check here to see if anyone has any laying around they want to get rid of. 

If I can't find some, I'll search for a post or create one on mounting those without the frame kit.

Thanks in advance for the help. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 12.15.52 PM.png

T

3 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Good luck with your search. I did this about 6 years ago for my R-3650-w's and it was a hassle to find them then. I think at the time I was able to scrape two from the bottom of the barrel at Klipsch, but I honestly can't remember anymore where I got them from.

Let me know when your done with yours and I'll take them off your hands... If you happen to see any around at all let me know if you could. Thanks for the help!

9 minutes ago, Dykstrajl said:

T

Let me know when your done with yours and I'll take them off your hands... If you happen to see any around at all let me know if you could. Thanks for the help!

nah, mine are still very much in use. They're dwarfed against my La Scalas, but my space is funky and they fill in that surround content just fine. I'll certainly let you know if I come across anything.