Thoughts on the CA-800T for HT?

alanca3

Hey everyone. Here's some quick background. I'm 19 and moving into my first place. I currently have a pair of Klipsch Heresy I HBR, powered by a 2ch Marantz. My parents run clothing stores and recently renovated a bunch of locations, leaving me with about 12 Klipsch CA-800T.

I'm wanting to create my own HT setup, but it's hard to find a nice match for the Heresy's (I only have 2). I'm going to keep my Heresy's in my bedroom, as I mostly use them for music as it is. Being a student, I don't have that much money to spend on speakers. What's y'alls take on using a sub plus only CA-800Ts for a 5.1.2 setup? The CA-800T really shines with music, but I've not tried it out with movies yet. I will say that, when corrected by DIRAC Live, they sound fantastic. 

If you were in this position would you rather: keep the CA-800T, or spend the time selling them and getting new speakers? 

Thanks! 

• 8 months later...

I fell into 8 pairs for a killer deal some time ago with the original intent on selling them but ending up keeping some and passing the rest onto people close to me, they work great for theater use as surrounds and mains.