Wow! I begin finally to be really happy of my Hsu VTF-3!

fire pinch

Hi all! I dont know if you remember the post I wrote about my VTF-3 disapointment. Well, some months has passed and I tested again my Hsu with my SPL meter... im really surprised! I only use it in MAX OUTPUT mode (tuned at 25 Hz). I gained many dbs and I really dont know why! When I said that I got 105 dB average, Im now above 110. WTF??? Is the VTF-3 the hardest sub to broken-in? I have now the same if not more the punchy bass I had before with my Paradigm PS-1000! What a surprise! And the low bass is terrific. For the first time, I tried to bring the VTF-3 in my living room. I put some songs and I got shocked when I saw my windows ratteling. 6.gif I could see them ratteling from outdoor during a sunny day i.e. I saw the reflected trees ratteling haha! Moreover, my big problem dissapeared... you know, when I told you that I heard like if the driver wanted to bottom out (the bloating sound). I dont hear it anymore.

More days pass, more Im happy. These new Monitor 9 v.3 (had v.2 before) makes me smile everyday. I got them for the same price that the v.2 and I find that there are good difference in sound. They are tighter, more revealant, more detailled to my ears. Am I smoking? They almost sounds like the Paradigm Studios 80 v.2 for twice less the price!!! And now, Im waiting for my new power amp (I hope that I did a good choice... Anthem) Im in a hurry to know if I will get the mid-bass Im wating for from my towers. Oups! Sorry for this out-topic! 3.gif

Finally, I find that for the price, the Hsu is well worth even in Canada. The price I paid is pretty similar to the Servo-15 price and I find the VTF-3 almost way better. (I said that I paid 1600$ in my last thread but its more like 1500). Now, I would just like that Hsu sell a new Hsu VTF-4 with a 1000W power amp and a ultra high excursion driver!!! 11.gif Or why not trying a SVS Ultra!!! :D No no I must keep my money aaahhh! 9.gif

PS.: Sorree for my inglish miztakzz! Oh myyy Im just seeing in my signature that im almost the only one without Klipsch speakers in the forum. 8.gif8.gif Oh well, I have my Promedias 4.1 and I love them!! 9.gif

Yep the VTF3 is like a better quality and more powerful Paradigm PW2200.And the PW2200 is a great sub,I think HSU will sell a good few of these subs before they introduce a VTF4.

Good to hear your subs kicks,I guess I will have to order SVS and now HSU is also tempting me.

I can even say that the VTF-3 outgun the PW-2200 in many aspects. Well the major difference between the VTF-3 and the PW-2200 is not the max output they can do IMHO. This is more the bass ENERGY the VTF-3 has over the PW-2200. I was almost ready to buy the PW-2200 because I found that for the price, it sounded relatively very good and clean, natural... albeit extension and energy. I remember when the dealer put a bass test and we compared the two subs (I brang mine). The VTF-3 succeeded to displace some price paperboards which were on top of towerspeakers LOOL! A thing that the PW-2200 couldnt do even when its volume knob was cranked at the max. It's what I mean, when I talk about VTF-3 energy. Its hard to explain... maybe I should say they are near in bass loudness but not the same at all in bass energy. Ohhhh 4.gif I think that while im writing, I begin to find what is this loudness and bass energy... bass which I describe loud to my ears is maybe >50 Hz and energic <50 Hz ??? So I think that it can explain the difference "perceived" in performance between the PW-2200 and the VTF-3! [img src=http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif'> ahahah anyway, omg Im all mixt-minded at the moment 14.gif14.gif14.gif (im out from a physics course)

I know that I will be out-topic in this paragraph but what do you think people about my next Anthem amp? Will it be a great amp? I dont see so much that word in audio forums. Anthem... an unknown Amp maker? Im affraid... html>

PinceFeu,

Anthem makes very high quality and well priced solid state and hybrid amps.A lesser SF its still very high quality.I tested at home the 2 channel amp(cant remember the model number),the salesman cut his fingers on the damn sharp heatsinks! LOL Watch out for the heatsinks(yes even if they reside inside the amp)they cut like a sharp butcher's knife.

Anyway sounded great,controll and good finesse.Not agressive like one would think,very pleased with the results.

Their preamps(tube)are also great buys,tubes as you know add this warm breath and remove some nasty edges from lesser recordings.

Thank you l'oreille, you make me less anxious about the Anthem. I just hope that at least, I will get more mid-bass punch. The Yamaha isnt dynamic at all but their new model (I had the rxv-496 previously) seems to sound a bit more dynamic and a tad warmer. I choosed the Yam as a receiver to have great performance in movie at a great price but my critical listening is more reserved for the music. So its why I choose Anthem. Sellers tell me that this is one of the best cost/performance amp in the market below 2000$ canadien. At the begining, I wanted to choose a powerfull av/receiver but I would have to pay so much to have the same performance of a cheapo stereo receiver. So I think that I made a good decision... I hope so 9.gif

BTW l'oreille, do you read or accept private messages? I sent you one.