Heresy III speakers paired with new AV receiver?

ironman

I am very interested in the Heresy III speakers, but I really need the Airplay/Bluetooth functionality of a new receiver like the Marantz NR1508 (50w per channel).  Does anyone have any experience/opinion re. using a Marantz NR1508 (or other new AV receiver) with the Heresy III's?

You should have no problem running that AVR with the Heresy III's. I checked the specs and that AVR has pre-outs so if you ever want to get into a dedicated amp like a tube amp etc, you can still use your AVR to process the bluetooth and act as a pre-amp then run the line level signal to whatever amp you choose down the road. 

3 minutes ago, twk123 said:

You should have no problem running that AVR with the Heresy III's. I checked the specs and that AVR has pre-outs so if you ever want to get into a dedicated amp like a tube amp etc, you can still use your AVR to process the bluetooth and act as a pre-amp then run the line level signal to whatever amp you choose down the road. 

Thanks.  Also, what is your opinion on the Heresy III's in a relatively small condo space (open living room/kitchen, about 16' x 20')?  Do you think they would be overkill?  I would rarely be cranking them up, listening mostly at moderate to lower volumes.  I am more interested in hearing detail than high volume, and am also considering a pair of The Sixes as an alternative.

9 hours ago, ironman said:

Also, what is your opinion on the Heresy III's in a relatively small condo space (open living room/kitchen, about 16' x 20')?  Do you think they would be overkill? 

Not at all.  I am driving my Heresy 1s in a 13 x 13 x 10 room and at medium volumes they sound incredible.

Bill

7 minutes ago, ironman said:

Thanks.  Also, what is your opinion on the Heresy III's in a relatively small condo space (open living room/kitchen, about 16' x 20')?  Do you think they would be overkill?  I would rarely be cranking them up, listening mostly at moderate to lower volumes.  I am more interested in hearing detail than high volume, and am also considering a pair of The Sixes as an alternative.

The Heresy III wont be overkill at all. Even at lower levels, they are incredibly detailed with their mid horn. They are also not a very bass heavy speaker so you wont have to worry about the neighbors as much.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys, very helpful.  One more thing..... a seller on eBay is currently offering the Heresy III's for $1250 in unfinished ash veneer.  They are new, and according to the seller are from a special batch that were originally intended for commercial use in Chipotle restaurants.  They have no grills and no risers.  I can easily improvise or make my own risers, but do you think I will have trouble finding a set of grills?