New setup - Basic tech help for the noob

Planning a stretched timeline home theater set up. The vision is a atmos 7.1+ channel in the next 2 years. I have to go slow, due to budget and apartment constraints as of now. The plan is...

1. To have a single speaker setup now - almost decided on Klipsch rf450c and some 2 channel amplifier

2. Add a subwoofer in 6 months

3. In another 6 months replace amp with 7 channel amp and add front and surround speakers

Now Questions

1. Which 2 channel amp for Klipsch rf450c? It should be good to run this speaker and equivalent sub. Should not be expensive as I will replace in less than a year.

2. Is that a good plan or you have your success story where you started from a single speaker system?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

how big is your room?   Do you really need 7.1?  a good 5.1 is  better than a cheap 7.1   Room acoustics is a major part of the sound. 

If you will only use it for 6 months why bother?  You can also find many used 5.1 receivers for really cheap.   They may not be HDMI but they have the basics and all you need is an digital audio input.  you can pick one up for $100 often. 

As for stereo amps... there are 1000s of models out there... really... everyone will have a preference. and frankly most here really dont wan to get into "what's the best" sort of discussion as they never end and usually no clear conclusion.  There is no speaker vs amp cross reference chart...  

You can also find entire 5 channel speaker setups for sale used at a fraction of new price..  Many poeple moving, down sizing...   My entire system is used the Elite was even a store demo.

19 minutes ago, efzauner said:

Do you really need 7.1?  a good 5.1 is  better than a cheap 7.1

We might have a language barrier, but I think we can overcome it.  Vivek said he wanted an Atmos setup, then mentioned 7.1.  I am thinking he wants a 5.1.2 setup, which would be Left/Center/Right (L/C/R), Surround Left and Surround Right (SL and SR) for five speakers.  A Sub, then two up firing Atmos modules for a total of 7 speakers.

@vivek deshmukh Welcome to the Klipsch forums.  Do you live in the US?  If not, please let us know where.  It makes a difference in what kind of speakers, new or used we can recommend.

I like where Ed is going with his questions to you.  With some more information we can help you spend your money wisely and get you the kind of sound you want.