RSW-15 Volume Knob issue

FrankD

Hello all.

So I got this sub, hooked it up, fought the hum problem for 12 hours, then finally got it going on, and popped in The Matrix and started to adjust the levels as appropriate. I scared the bejesus out of myself in the process. Even at low volumes, things were falling off the walls. I am definitely going to get evicted. No question. Also in retrospect, hanging the art glass thingies on suction cups on the windows was a decidedly BAD idea.

There is a question in all this, I assure you. Does anyone know if the volume knob on the side of the sub is actually that? I have been able to find no discernable effect from turning this knob. Might I have a broken Volume control? I would have thought that I could hear the difference between all the way Clockwise and all the way CounterClockwise.

Thanks in advance.

F

Hi all

Just to keep you posted on this issue, the volume knob not working is quite possibly related to the loud hum I was getting, and it is the kind of thing you send your sub back to the factory to get a new one for.

I am eagerly awaiting re-shipment.

F