Picked up Center Channel...How do you bi-wire?

robforst1

My take would be to put one on top of the TV, and leave it at that. You want the center channel to anchor the dialog and so forth to the screen, and having them on each side may not accomplish that. Also, there is the chance for cancellation and combing which could diminish the clarity if you use them both as center speakers. However, some on the board (jtkinney for one) use 2 as center speakers, I believe.

Perhaps you could use the second one for a rear center speaker for 6.1??

DD

If you have room under the TV, the best place to put it is under the TV. You really don't need two center chanels, but as proDJ put it "There is no such thing as overkill in audio". lol. If your room is wide, then you could use two cneters. In all the theatres I've seen like that, the two centers are right next to eachother in the middle under the TV. As far as Wiring goes, check your reciever. Some have 2 center channel outputs. If not, I think there's one more way to do it without buying an additional amp, but i'm not sure.

Rob

You have 3 choices for wireing the two speakers.

1) Take a sterio amp and wire each speaker to the right and left channel as if it was sterio. Then buy a Y adapter and plug one side into your receiver, and both outputs into each input of your amp. This way the same input goes to both channels of the amp and to each speaker.

2) Wire both speakers in series. Take your positive output and connect to the positive connection of Heresy #1. Then take the Negitive of Heresy #1 and connect to the positive of Heresy #2. Connect the Negitive of Heresy #2 to the Negitive of the Amp. This is turn your 2 8ohm Heresys into one 16 ohm heresy.

3) Wire both speakers in parrellel. Make two Y cable speaker wire, connect the positive output from your amp to both positive inputs of the Heresys, and the negitive amp to both Negitives. This changes your 2 Ohm Heresys into one 4 ohm heresy.

I would do #1 first if possible, having each speaker driven by its own amp.

Numbers 2+3 will be more dictated on the output specs of you amp.

JM

Rob

Unfortunately there is not a "normal" center for Heritage speakers.

Your best bet is to use the same center that you use for mains. If you cant do that, match the midrange and highs as close as possible.

There is not much difference between the K600 and K700 midrange sound. I would bet money a single Heresy would sound great between your CornWalls. It definetly would sound better than say a C7.

JM