Possible Fakes/Counterfeit

joornumerjuan

New to the forum. I tried looking before I posted this question. Although serial number stickers and placement have changed over the years. The RP-240s that I recently purchased from a reputable seller doesn't look quite right. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. My RP-160m's have a much smaller sticker without a barcode.

IMG-2797-ns.jpg

45 minutes ago, joornumerjuan said:

I honestly doubt they are counterfeits but was hoping that someone would have some insight on this. Again the serial number sticker on various speakers over the years are different but these are not like I have seen. Thanks for the images but they don't really help answer my question.

I doubt very seriously that you have a legitimate problem. The different placement with barcodes probably have everything to do with who the original retailer was and nothing else.

You also need to realize that what you have was never made at the Klipsch plant in Hope, Arkansas, but instead was built in China, and production quality and variances are going to be more common.

Well, I wanted to post back just so people who run into the same problem know what to do. I called Klipsch support via there website and 800 number. A Klipsch rep said that they don't believe the speakers are countefeit but do not have record of those serial numbers and aren't numbers they would have issued. He was saying that the RP-240s serial numbers start with a "10" meaning anything else would have been put on after by a dealer, which would mean it was either a Floor Model, Refurb or Open Box. None the less, these would not be covered by Klipsch's warranty.