Novice looking for expert advice on Awesome Set-up

First Time

Hi guys. I am in the wiring stage of a brand new home and need help.

I am planning to have surround sound in a 30x30 room as follows:

2 RF7 Front Left and Right

1 RC7 Front Center

3 RS7 Left Right and Rear Center

1 RSW15 Rear

Question 1 - what kind of wire is THE BEST for quality sound??

Question 2 - I am also connecting five pairs of wall or ceiling mount speakers and 1 set of outdoor; what wire should I use? Do I need to worry about blowing out small speakers? If so, how do you protect against that?

Question 3 - What brands or models would you recommend for bathrooms (do they need to be water resistant)?

Question 4 - How about outdoor speakers for wall or celing mount in patio?

Question 5 - I plan to spend about $2K to $4K on receiver/amp. What do you recommend that can handle nice music throughout the house at the same time a movie?

HUGE THANKS IN ADVANCE for your patience and advice. I have soem great buddies that turned me on to Klipsch with INCREDIBLE sound but I must admit that I have no idea what I am doing..

2.gif

On question 1 - I would recommend this Monster Cable

http://www.monstercable.com/custom_install/productPageCI.asp?pin=1447&mixtype=

On question 5 - I can only tell you that you have to listen to different receivers and see how they sound with your speakers and other equipment. I have Sony STR-DA5ES and I am very pleased wiht it. It has what you want - three-room capabilities and you can choose what source plays for each room. Room one would be the main speakers, surrounds, etc. Room two - amplified output and you can hookup to stereo speakers in another room. It comes with a second remote, so from the second room (you will need an infrared replicator or extension) you can control the volume, source, tune radio, etc. Room three - there is a third output which is not amplified and you can hook it to an amp in a third room. The third room can also be controlled from the 2nd remote. So all in all, this receiver can play three independent sources at the same time.

No its just a matter of personal opinion.

I have a denon 3802 and its great, and also a great value.

With those "awesome" speakers you have a denon 4802(or 3 i forgot) or a denon 5803 would be fine. But the 5803 is $4200 i think, but pumps out a mean good sound, also you can hook up 3 pairs of surround speakers if you wish, all amplifed by the 38, 48, and 5803s

In that 30x30 room, i recommend getting 2 speakers for the back instead of one. In my small room 1 is good, but if you go for one try getting a RC-3 or another RC-7.

Also if you want to go farther, you can get RF-3s or RC-7s for surrounds.

you just win the lotto or something, i wish i could spend that much money.

OKAY First Time-

I'm always willing to take the position of "Forum Idiot", and Say that I'm REALLY MISSING SOMETHING HERE!

OKay , you are going for a 6.1 Klipsch R7 indoor home theater....EASY...but then I get lost (not an unusual event...)

With "five pairs of wall or ceiling mount speakers and 1 set of outdoor" (Using fingers and toes I come up with an additional 12 speakers)

So now we are up to 19 speakers and 1 receiver

Yep - the in-wall as well as ceiling mounts are for three bathrooms and a few other rooms. The outdoor are for my backyard patio. While the room is 30x30, I will be setting up a space that is about 18x20 for the listening area. Does anyone have Onkyo receiver experience? Right now I am leaning towards Onkyo or Denon in the $3K to $4K range. Any other equip I am missing? Thanks 11.gif

I have experience with Onkyo and Denon in the $800-$1000 price range. Both are extremely excellent. I can't emagine that their higher priced receivers would disappoint you at all. Those 2 to me are some of the best receivers you can buy, I like them over Harmon Kardon and for sure over Sony. But thats my opinion. I might add that I don't know if its necessary to buy THE BEST speaker wire around. Others will work good too, but if you have the money...

How many of these speakers are you planning to run concurrently? Are you going to be using some kind of speaker switching component? I'm still cluless.

You might want to glance at this-

http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Audio/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=22600

and the same article references some really neat stuff

http://www.russound.com/ - TO DIE FOR

WoW- I dont know diddley...but If if was gonna go "built-in from the wiring up in a multizone environment...." I would slow the flock down ....oops that was less.

clu, i have a russound a/b thanks to a tip from keith way back. great box. but these days you can run about everything off these newer receivers & prepros. unless one wants to use 2 dif receivers or preamps.

1st, w/ a $4k budget you might also want to look at seperates. like my b&k set-up (both prepro & 7 channel amp) i got new for around $4k discounted. many other combos around that range or under new like outlaw, rotel, etc.