(SPEAKERS ARE SOLD)Cornwall IIs - For Sale in Boston, All associated electronics for sale as well.

KungFuNat

Cornwalls are sold everyone..   The electronics are still available.

1987 Cornwall IIs and all associated electronics in Boston, MA.

Cash only, local pickup only. Come for a listen!

Selling my beloved 1987 Cornwall IIs, purchased from the original owner. Rebuilt crossovers, new titanium tweeter diaphragms and new mid-range diaphragms all from Bob Crites. Bob tested the drivers to make sure they were up to spec and matched. I hope they will go to someone who will love them like I do.

Well cared for in a smoke-free and pet-free home.

Some nicks and scratches on the cabinets, they look very good for their age. They sound incredible. In fact, I recently auditioned a pair of Cornwall IIIs and these sound very close.

Cornwalls - Asking $1300 cash only. All reasonable offers will be considered.

Associated electronics for sale as well:

I spent years assembling this setup, and all of these components are still highly regarded and pair perfectly with Klipsch speakers. I won't sell any of the electronics until the speakers go.. Hopefully someone will want multiple pieces. I will even throw in cables depending on what piece you want. Everything must go!

Acurus RL11 Preamp with working remote.. Discrete class A output, sounds great, works perfectly and excellent condition. Asking $350

Meridian 563 DAC. Sterephile Class B back in the day. 19 bits of resolution, sounds, works, and looks perfect. Asking $350

Nakamichi PA-5 STASIS power amp.. 100wpc. Nelson Pass design when he still worked for Threshold. Design was licensed to Nak. Sounds fantastic, Outstanding match for all Klipsch. Asking $550

Salamander Designs Archetype 5-shelf audio rack in Walnut. Absolutely perfect condition, about 1 year old. Asking $450

Marantz CC-4300 CD-changer. SPDIF output is intermittent but other than that, works fine.. $50

Send me a PM here and we can work out a listening session.. I can take pics of whatever you want if you need to see more.

zHKGqIn.jpg

yfooXcc.jpg

eCLVI43.jpg

jBonPAB.jpg

M4Vig3l.jpg

fudkEsX.jpg

ChXqVwP.jpg

• Like 3

I went through a bunch of amps to find the right pairing..  It was hard to find something that matches well, and wasn't too bright or harsh, but still powerful and clear.  When I was young the local dealer sold a lot of really nice tube gear, but he always paired his Klipschorns and Heresys with Threshold electronics..  He always said it was the perfect match.   That is where I got the idea, and he was totally right!

I'm on the west coast man otherwise I would love to take you up on that offer, very generous of you.   Shoot me for saying this, but if you don't get a bite soon on here or Craigslist (don't use the email, put your phone number if you want someone to buy them), put them on ebay when they charge 50% off final selling fee, or currently they had a $10 cap on selling fees.   I have had good luck getting rid of extra gear on ebay in the past.   Or.. If you want $1300 for example, list them for $1525 on ebay, local pickup only and you'll get $1300.  You can always have the offer button on. You will onyl get 86.5% of sale price.   Hope that helps? 

Just now, NatGun said:

Phone number in the craigslist ad?  really? I'm afraid of putting my number on the web..   I figure anyone who is serious about buying something like this would send an e-mail?

I have heard that several times on this forum.   I used to think that way myself, and then I realized that the average person appeared to be too lazy to email.  After adding a phone number, things sell quickly when priced right.   My paranoia has other things to worry about I suppose, but to each his or her own (I understand however).  

16 hours ago, NatGun said:

Help me sell the Cornwalls and the Nakamichi can be yours..  ;)   It truly is a perfect match.

So 1300 cash and carry?

Very Nice!

I love the STASIS amps and I only had an SR-3A with Heresy IIs when they came out.

The CWs look clean and the warm/natural Nakamichi/Nelson Pass is really good with Klipsch.

If things were different with me $ wise I'd grab a bar of paraffin, head up there and force those Cornwalls into my Accord!