Klipsch ProMedia... or Klipsch Pro??? What the...

justin_tx_16

I went to the new new center photo gallery and saw two new photos.

The first was this, the ProMedia SWS Stack. Ok, I thought, they messed up, they meant the Professional Series SWS Stack. But upon closer inspection, those subs look a lot like the real ProMedia subs in their build, but more so like the RSW series. I also saw that they did not have the Klipsch Professional logo.

klipschprofessional.jpg

It instead has the new Klipscinin an oval logo.

The sub cabinet is not like any of the professional subs, rounded corners, weaker grill, it looks exactly like my ProMedia subs, the computers subs.

promediasw.jpg

I saw that and thought... hmmm a 10" woofer (guess) and this little control pod for bass intensity. The difference here between this and the promedia speakers is this one seems to have a larger woofer, more compact design (but not much if any bit smaller) and is a stand alone sub. Must not have any ports if it is really possible to use in this situation...

promediasws.jpg

I don't see any reason to think this is a Klipsch ProMedia sub, it looks powerful, does not have the ProMedia logo (KLIPSCH/THX) and it is quite apparent that it it not one of the current promedia subs. So why is it named the ProMedia Sub? ProMedia is a name set aside for the computer systems, it would not be in the good interest of Klipsch, IMHO, to name a professional sub (without the professional logo) or home sub (inside an unappealing MDF black cabinet) with the same name as their $179-400 computer systems where the sub takes up about half the cost including the amp, so we are talking $85-200 powered subs sharing the name with these subs which APPEAR to cost much much more.

So, not really asking if this is a new promedia sub for the computer system, just wondering why Klipsch would name a sub after their absolutely smallest subwoofers that can not hold a candle to Klipsch's home audio subs, much less if these are supposed to be pro.

what do you think?

Justin, keep watching this space. The SWS is a way to upgrade your PM system to your heart's content. Remember the mega amp in the MJ Fox Back to the Future movie?