New guy - help with settings

Reefguy

Hello all, my last ditch effort to get some help,

i had klipsch many moons ago, and I just picked up an RS10SW to go with my Yamaha yas108 Soundbar. Any suggestions on best settings on the Sub?

since information is limited, I went by sound to match the Soundbar as best as possible.

1. Gain I think I have it to match my Soundbar.

2. Low pass - I have it at 120hz

3. Phase ? I have no idea 0 or 180?

thanks in advance.

Set your gain to just fill in the lows. Subs ideally shouldnt call attention to themselves.   I don't know what the specs are on your soundbar, but whenever possible I would try to never cross a sub over higher than 80 hz as it will become directional and or distracting.   Phase, have someone rotate it slowly between 0 and 180.  Whichever is louder in your listening position is better.  If you have more options than those two phases, pick one of those two first and then A/B the other two, done.   Try to get your sub closer to a corner/wall, but not necessarily stuff into a corner/ wall so that it has the most headroom /output, lowest frequency response.    If it is too boomy, move it away from back and side wall 3 inches at a tiem until bass smooths out. Hope that helps.

• Moderators

Edit; Must have posted at the same time

Welcome

1  Yes match what sounds good with the soundbar for the right amount of bass.

2 120 might be ok, it should cut off where the soundbar picks up plus s little overlap

3 Sit in your listening position and have someone switch back and forth and whatever one is loudest it where you leave it.

This is what I would do unless someone has a more modern way ?