Anyone Looking for a Wall of Sound,

Shiva

Just now, Shiva said:

yeah, he is a tad overpriced for those and will have a long wait.    

Agreed. The buyers in CA will be few and far between to start with solely due to limited space me thinks. There was also a nice pair of sound labs A1 speakers that sat for quite some time as well. 

1 minute ago, Shiva said:

I used to have Magnepan 1.6's and liked them a lot.  Those, in the ad would make some interesting room dividers.

Just heard a pair at an infinite audio tweaker house few days ago paired with vintage class A/b amp, exotic cables and numerous tweaks I would personally never consider in my listening space (not visually appealing).   Very very easy to hear hyper detailed sound, however I found it to be so hyper detailed that it was palmost distracting.   I found myself hearing and targeting flaws rather than enjoying the music.   Dynamics and bass response were also deal breaks for me (no subs, which I'm sure would be difficult to integrate).  They did sound awesome though.  Just not my cup of tea. 

One of the cool things about them is the height of the sound image the create. From placing a singers voice at any given height in which they are standing, to the pluck of a stand up bass, in which you can hear the entire length of the string vibrate with each pluck.  I too, parted with them as I wanted more dynamic slam. 

1 minute ago, Shiva said:

One of the cool things about them is the height of the sound image the create. From placing a singers voice at any given height in which they are standing, to the pluck of a stand up bass, in which you can hear the entire length of the string vibrate with each pluck.  I too, parted with them as I wanted more dynamic slam. 

I agree.  Also quite lifelike with excellent recordings at times.   LOTS of positives, but the negatives were major.   His pair had modded external Crossovers, bricks reinforcing panels, socks removed, all cables elevated.   All gear on bearing isolated feet and so on. You get the point 😂.  Impressive nonetheless 

• Like 1