Car audio

matthew2

I should post this someplace else, like the "Car audio forum," but the people at HTF and klipsch seem nicer, and smarter.(MOSTLY)

I drive an 87 Honda civic. I bought a Panasonic head unit (the 402) and will install myselfe it in no more then 7 days. The front speakers are Factory 3.5 inch two way's.

I'm thinking of starting out with a sub. I would like to put it on the floor, behind the drivers seat, (or both seats) so it's harder to see, and I won't have my windows smashed and subs stolen! I can put then in the back anyway's.

I would then add new speakers at the front.

My questions are:

For $500 CDN or less, how can I get bass That hit's hard, deep, sounds good, and doesn't take up a lot of space. I would like that to include the Amp...

Also, what else would you recommend for new speakers? I Liston to mostly rock and rap.Im thinking of small Infinity's or MBquarts at the front.

One day I'll have an Audi A6 with a 6speed and full dynaudio set up. For now, I don't want to spend too much money.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for any advice you may give

Well there's no way you'll get subs under the seats, no way. You can barely fit slim amps under seats nowadays. For a KICK *** sub try JL Audio, they work VERY well in small enclosures and produce GIGANTIC amounts of bass and CLEAN bass at that. You're gonna have to put them in the back of the car, no going around it, just get a cover or something to go over the top. You may only need one sub, especially if you go with the JL 12W3, I love my 10W3 and it rocks my car (Camaro) which is about 2 times the size of your Civic.

As for the speakers, MB Quarts will make your ears bleed, similiar to Klipsch 9.gif They are VERY popular and are great speakers, I'm sure you will like them. Infinity are the same way, a little less harsh though. I had Infinity Kappa's in my last Camaro, now I have Polk DX-3065 6.5 components up front and DX-6 6.5 2 ways in the back. Sound great!

Don't buy anything Rockford Fosgate, they blow now. Stick to what you listed, try Alpine too, relatively cheap and sound nice.

Shoot for an Alpine Amp, or if you can find some Orion amps they work amazing too! I have an older HCCA 225 amp driving the JL and WOW, it makes that driver work! Check out some Car Audio mags for the newer stuff out, I haven't been into car audio in a while, so I don't know what's new and "hip" now 2.gif