surrounds for hornhounds

jdm56

Reality sets in.

I think I'm gonna have to take a pass on this one.

Seeing as how my current income is in the form of student loans I don't have that kind of money laying around.

But still those speakers haunt my dreams.

How soon were you thinking of selling?

Its possible that I might be able to save up some dough over the next few months.

Ah the joys of being a student.

Peace, Josh

Josh,

I'm not in a hurry, but I also don't want to put you in a bind. I'm going to post them on this forum along with some other stuff in a day or two. I decided to put a $1,000.00 price on them for forum members. What doesn't sell will go on ebay in a couple of months. On ebay I will put a $1,100.00 reserve on them.

By the way, where do you go to school? My son is at UCF.

Q-man,

I am a Digital Media major at Fullsail.

www.fullsail.com

It's pretty crazy here. Basically I'm getting a two and a half year associates degree in 14 months.

I have classes scheduled at pretty much random hours around the clock, so I stay rather busy studying. I still have lots of time to sit around my Apt and listen to music while I'm reading.9.gif

My new(used)heresies should be here sometime this week, I'm going to use them as my mains but I'd love to see what they would sound like as surrounds with some LS as the mains.

It never ends does it...8.gif

Oh well thanks for the info.

Peace, Josh

Q,

Hmmmmmm.

After the new purchase of the Khorns, I don't know if I dare even ask the wife. Right now we have 4 pairs of Klipsch in living room plus a sub. I sure would like the LaScala's for front and rear centers.

Maybe if I got them she wouldn't notice.

Let me ponder I sure would love them. I'm sure they are nice.

Yea then I could use the Heresey's for front effects. Man your killing me here. So tempting.

Can I put them on layaway, I mean I have the money but she will definitely notice that much gone out of the account? Maybe you could keep them for a while and I will make payments, then when the dust settles I can bring them to my house.

Let me know.

EJ

EJ,

Where do you live? You make it sound like you live in my area. I'm sure that we can work something out if you do and if your serious. I don't really want to get into shipping these things. If they don't sell, I'm going to store them for my kids. But, do let me know because I was going to put these in my local paper today. I'll hold off untill I hear from you. Why don't you email me.

Q,

I'm in Orlando. We have a mutual aquaitance, Mike Lindsey. He lives about 5 minutes from although I have only made it over to his place once we are planning for more visits.

Anyway I am not saying yes this exact second but if I did choose to buy as I said I would have to give you part now part later while you hold on to them. I don't have room now and I don't think the wife would approve at this point in time. Can you give me some details, wood type/color, x-over, year, etc.

Ask Mike, He knows who I am, but probably not well enough to vouch for my character. I do really want a set of LaScala's to finish out my speaker setup.

Khorns Fronts

LaScala's Front and Rear Centers

Heresey's Front Effects

Cornwall Rears

Sub To be Determined

Give me the details and I will tell you for sure if I want them.

EJ

EJ,

I hear ya, that's how I started. Odd thing is, I'm

also getting rid of the wall unit that that holds the LaScala above the TV. I don't know if it will work for you or not, or even if it would interest you.

I have three pairs of LaScalas. It's a raw birch pair that I'm selling. I was going to offer them for $1000.00 as is, or $300.00 more to be finished to ones liking. They have the AL network,

"M" series drivers, and the K-400 metal horn. I'm not sure of the year. The serial numbers are 8734054, and 8734053 . They may be from 1987?

There are forum members that know the code for dating these.

I now remember reading your post. Your the guy who is making me jealous with the size of the room that your building.

I'll give you a call tomarrow around 11:30 a.m.

I'm changing the tops of the Klipschorn mains. I'm doing away with the K-55 driver and 400 horn. I'm replacing them with Altec 288-16K drivers and

the 805B horns. This means that I have to make the center channel match again. So, I'm going to use the University Classic bass horn with the Altec driver and horn there.

This is the University bass horn with the Altec 805b horn on top. This combo will replace the LaScala center. It measures 39" wide,47 high. This bass horn sounds more like the klipschorn then the LaScala does.

This 805 horn is also the one that will replace the k-400 on my klipschorns.

I have a lot of work to do yet.

post-2405-13819245562558_thumb.jpg

I have been using KSP-S6's with my Klipschorn mains for the past 2 1/2 years.They seem to match very well.Tonal balance is very good.

The Hope HT used Heresy surrounds. 2 on each side wall, 2 in each corner and 2 on the back wall for a total of 8. They were configured as 4 per channel.

The Klipschorns were not being used for the HT. They were only played to compare them the Jubilees. The center was a Belle

The system sounded great.

Check the attachment

post-2674-13819245563038_thumb.jpg