Yamaha RX-V685 AV receiver for home theatre

uv_mi

Hi,

Sorry for asking the naive question among the audiophiles. I am setting up my home-theater (on budget):

• R-100SW 300W Subwoofer
  • R-41M Bookshelf Home Speakers (pair)
  • R-52C Center Channel Home Speaker
  • R-610F Floorstanding Home Speaker (pair)

My friend is offering me a Yamaha RX-V685 for hook-up for a reasonable price. Just wondering if that would be enough juice for the speakers. Hoping to get your opinion before to avoid blowing up my new speakers by doing something stupid.

Thanks.

Edited by uv_mi
Hit enter earlier by mistake

I agree with @willland...

I used the RX-V679, which seems to have the same power output ratings as the RX-V685 for 2 years with a similar setup (2 x R28F, R25C, 2 x R-14M and 2 x R14S) before I upgraded to the RX-A2080.

I had more than enough power for my room size and never maxed the system out, despite loving loud music and banging movie watching sessions... I don't have the biggest room (5m x 4.8m x 3.3m), but I'm confident this receiver will handle an even bigger room perfectly fine. For what it's worth, the only reason I upgraded to the Advantage series is because I wanted Dolby Atmos and therefore needed more channels.

The great thing about Klipsch is that they make very efficient speakers, so you get a lot of millage out of a receiver with this system.