Atlas horns

digjr

• 4 weeks later...

berndH,

When you suggested the atlas web site did you see something that I overlooked? These drivers are surprisingly good. I swapped them with the Khorn mid drivers and there is not much difference. I would just like to know what these are. Thank-you

To all,

The pair of drivers that I have look exactly like one of a pair on ebay. If you check auction #1940378280 in the Klipsch section and look at the small pictures, the lone pic on the right, looks like the ones I have. Same gray color, same black rubber gasket, same connectors, same shape, etc. One difference (besides no Klipsch sticker) is there is a bolt head in the center of the rear cover of the driver. If you look at the other auction driver the connector posts are different. Did Klipsch use Atlas drivers? Or do I have some Atlas parts inside? Any ideas? I bought mine a couple of months ago hooked to a pair of heavy, cast horns with crome on the face from ebay. Let me know what you think.

I believe I remember reading in a thread on this website that Klipsch did indeed use Atlas drivers for the squawkers in some models. The thread I remember reading was talking about the Heresy - I don't know about the other Heritage models. That probably explains the similar construction you are seeing.