Positioning of rear speakers

Doc Holiday

Where do you think the best position of your rear speakers are. A lot of people have them on the sides of them about 1 meter above there heads. I was wondering if anyone here uses a bipolar or dipolar setup and if they do i they like there sound. I was also wondering if people mounted there rears on there ceiling and have them facing straight down at them.

I would agree with DD on this. Putting them up on the sides about 5-6 feet up would be the best placement. Also if you have or plan on adding EX or DTS ES then you would want to have a rear back channel up behind you. You can use the link below and go to my home theater page and see how I mounted my surrounds.

i have dipole surrounds and have them about a foot behind the listenning position about one or two feet above me. i also have a rear center which is placed below the listening position. they work really well together, the dipoles really create a sound envellope and do not stick out at all. meaning you never get the need to turn around even though they produce alot of sound.