?s about the 4.1s (online order, wires, wall bracket, etc)

Spooon69

I'm planning on buying the Klipsch 4.1s next week from Newegg.com (good place to buy them? or do people have any "stories"; they're $239 shipped there...) and was thinking about upgrading the speaker wire using the tips from http://www.soundwise.org (great site by the way).

I want to get the 14-Gauge Megacable brand from Radioshack, but don't know exactly what cat# they would be and if I would be buying the correct ones. I don't know anything about making my own speaker cables or types of cables and such. Here is what I found from Radioshack.com: Cat.#: 278-1273. Are these the correct ones?

Also, I want to buy 4 wall brackets for the speakers to put up in my room, but the Klipsch online store seems to be sold out of them. Where can I buy some wall mounts for the satellies? I checked the "DigitalDiva Wall MountZ v1.0" but they don't look that pleasing to my eyes.

For the wall mounts, I don't think my apartment has wooden studs (metal according to my housemates), so how heavy are the satellites? will I be able to mount them on my wall? any tips?

Thanks all.

#1: Newegg.com is THE best online computer parts store to purchase from, with my side job I have ordered ~$25,000 of parts from them and not ONE hicup.

#2: If you want upgraded speaker wire (http://store.klipsch.com/list.asp?CtgID=2) pick up the Monster 4.1 Upgrade. They make such a difference, more than I ever thought they were.

#3:Wall brackets? I'm all ears here, I'm in a dorm so I can't put anything in my walls so my rear channel has pretty ****ty placement and the room is a acoustic catasrophe.

----------------

On 10/26/2002 10:13:05 PM Spooon69 wrote:

I'm planning on buying the Klipsch 4.1s next week from Newegg.com (good place to buy them? or do people have any "stories"; they're $239 shipped there...) and was thinking about upgrading the speaker wire using the tips from
(great site by the way).

I want to get the 14-Gauge Megacable brand from Radioshack, but don't know exactly what cat# they would be and if I would be buying the correct ones. I don't know anything about making my own speaker cables or types of cables and such. Here is what I found from Radioshack.com: Cat.#: 278-1273. Are these the correct ones?

Also, I want to buy 4 wall brackets for the speakers to put up in my room, but the Klipsch online store seems to be sold out of them. Where can I buy some wall mounts for the satellies? I checked the "DigitalDiva Wall MountZ v1.0" but they don't look that pleasing to my eyes.

For the wall mounts, I don't think my apartment has wooden studs (metal according to my housemates), so how heavy are the satellites? will I be able to mount them on my wall? any tips?

Thanks all.

----------------

#2: If you want upgraded speaker wire (
) pick up the Monster 4.1 Upgrade. They make such a difference, more than I ever thought they were.

$60 is a bit much for cables. I'm sure there exists a similar non-monster brand for less. I checked the do-it-yourself cable tutorial on soundwise and added up how much I would need to spend to buy the items necessary to make the cables, it came out to around $50+, thats mainly because the only items that I have available to me are the paper towels and the philips screwdriver.

So does anybody know of a non-monster brand of high quality cable I can use for the Promedias that can be bought off the shelf?

Thanks again.