Speakers - Klipsch and others

erik4

Hello:

...just wanted some honest feedback on what, over time, I have done to my speaker set-up. First, I have plenty of power on the amp/receiver side so that's not an issue. I started with Polk Audio 2000i's and didn't like the upper end clarity but loved the midrange and bass. Then I added a pair of Klipsch RS 5's. These brought an accent to the mid-high end but didn't quite give the high-high response I was looking for (the brush of a symbol, the ring of a bell - clear and strong and high) Finally I think I found what I probably should have started with - I added a pair of M & K S150's. I put them right on top of my Polk 2001's and dedicated one of my amps to them. For me this hit the spot. Maybe I'm just getting too old and can't hear what I used to hear. Oh, I forgot to mention, I also use a KSW 15 and a Polk SW350. Great low, low's, great high-highs and a powerful mid to boot. Is this speaker mixing crazy or what?

why did you not take the time to audition speakers until you found the speakers that met all of your requirements? save money that way. i know that i auditioned the polks, and the klipsch's, and hands down the klipsch's won in every catagory, plus i did not have to purchase add ons to meet further needs, or speaker shortcomings12.gif