Dish 6000

erikjohn

I don't think I have the input on my TV. It must just be a color thing, less bleedover, better isolation. I'm cool with the 108O Res I get from the component. I figured the RGB must be better since there are about 15 or so taps in the plug.

Anyone out there use it?

EJ

RGB as in 15 pin HD VGA connector? If so, it is there because some TV's have 15 pin instead of component (RCA, Mitsubishi & others). The signal is vertually the same. There is a conversion box that can be used to change the 15 pin to component. This box is needed on the RCA HD dish receiver if hooking up to a TV w/ component. It is made by a company called "Audio Authority". They make the presentation systems for demo'ing audio and video systems (car & home).

AVman,

I am using the Component video out on the Dish reciever to feed the tv. I have the dish receiver set to 1080i and the tv set to 1080i. To me the picture is superior to svideo. I have checked as I have a svideo and the component going into separate inputs in the tv. Since when I use the component vid cables my TV will not allow stretch mode since the dish reciever is inserting it's own black side bars, ie the tv is sensing a full widersceen signal or HD so I sometimes will switch to the Svideo so that I can strech regular tv. Anyway if ind the resolution is better however the color seemes to be a little more washed out but I suspect it is becuse I set the color when using svideo and I probably need to adjust it. There is obviously alot less color bleeding when using the component cables. Do you think that could be why you think the svidoe looks better to you that non hd in 1080i or hd mode? I will adjust my color tonite but then it will probably be too harsh when i use the svideo. Oh well it looks great on the true hd stuff.

EJ