Cornwall1 network confusion

sennemita

Hopefully one of you knowledgeable Klipsch lovers is able to help me out with the following problems:

As it is nearly impossible to find 2nd hand Cornwalls in Europe i decided to take a different route when I saw a german guy offered about all necessary parts on E-bay. Get the spare parts and make a new cabinet of MDF.

Q1:

My question relates to the stuff offered by this german guy and another offer on US E-Bay. Supposedly both gentlemen offer networks for Cornwall I, but THEY LOOK DIFFERENT! Which one is the one to go for? (On the attached image both networks are shown)

Q2:

The original Tweeter is supposed to be K77M, but someone offers K79 tweeters, claiming they are even better. Could they be incorporated in a speaker that for the rest has all original Cornwall I parts?

Q3:

I've checked all posts on this board but couldn't find any info on the actual construction of the box. It's a little complicated to guess how ít's done from just the outside measures! (I do own a pair of Heresy I, so if the construction is basically similar i guess that will do)

I know this is a truckload of questions and it would me highly appreciated if someone finds the time to solve at least one problem!

6.gif

post-9659-13819245584_thumb.jpg

Looks like a TYPE B, and a TYPE B-3.

The type B-3s are 80s, but not too sure, and the TYPE Bs are late 70s, from what ive heard the TYPE Bs are better, either way they are what you need!

The K-79 will NOT work with either crossover, get the K-77-Ms only!

Ask HDBR on the cabinetry, hes a genious on this!

Regards Jim

Hi, The K-79 tweeter is used in the Cornwall II, I have a pair of Cornwall II's that were made in 1989. The midrange is a K-57 and the woofer a K-34. The crossover is mounted on a printed circuit board and is mounted on the back speaker terminal connections.

Dan

The crossover in Cornwall1's original picture on the left with the Woofer is ALSO a Type "B" as designated by the standard metal plate attached to the crossover. The configuration shown was used in 1975 and 1976.

When I bought my 1976 Cornwalls I was concerned about the lack of the oil caps, but some research over the last year has convinced me, this is what the Factory installed in some/all? Cornwalls for some portion on both 1975 and 1976. The oil cap version of the Type "B" many be superior, but in some portion of 1975 and 1976 this is what the factory installed. I assume it was an availability issue on the oil caps.

I've been meaning to write an article/post about the differences that actually exist in what we commonly refer to as the Type "B" crossover, which was maufactured from the beginning until it was replaced by the Type "B-2" in 1981. If anyone is interested let me know.

Respectfully submitted,

Mike

P.S. The eBay auction the pictue was taken from does claim the crossovers (on the left) were taken from a 1976 Cornwall.