Looking for an adapter??

ccsakura

I just recieved the DD-5.1 from Klipsch. I connected it to my computer and my speakers. I bought the digital coaxial cable for connecting the sound card and the DD-5.1. I bought the RCA to RCA one. My sound card doesn't support RCA connecting which is TBSantaCruz. So I bought a adapter for switching RCA into minijack. But it seems doesn't work, may be it's for analog only?? Does anyone know where can I get a RCA to Minijack's adapter for digital coaxial or a digital coaxial cable from RCA to minijack?

Thanks alot

you can get an RCA to Mini Mono adapter from radio shack, that will fix the problem. Though you may have to go with a Mini mono cable and get a Mini Mono to RCA adapter. It has been a while since I checked this out.

Or, get an RCA Stereo to Mini Stereo adapter cable and plug either the red or the white RCA end (can not remember which) into the DD-51, and then the other end, a mini, goes intot he card.

I tried the adapter, which is not working with it (That's why I'm asking about that) it seems not supporting the digital signals

the second and the third proposal is what I'm using. But it supports stereo but not 5.1 or something similar anymore. I bought the reciever because I want to play dvd with the DTS and hardware decode effect, but it seems going back to 2.1 or somewhat like that. It means should I get another sound card to obtain the get the best effect or?

what else are you connecting to the DD-51? if nothing else, then you would probably be best off with just the santa cruz.

and now that i know you have a santa cruz, i know your problem. it does not actually work with passing through a digital signal. look back, way back a few weeks or months. this was talked about a lot and some ppl found ways to get it to work, others just gave up. i sure wish i could remember the full story, sorry 15.gif

Yeah I just checked that post. It was a month or 2 ago. But I didn't know that the versajack isn't working. I think I've to get another sound card. But I don't want the Creative one because their card doesn't worth that much for this period of time. I used from Creative SB 32 and lots of cards and then live 5.1. But after I use the TBSC my mind changed completely :P.

So I should consider of Maya 7.1 or Fos-III? Or GTXP??? I don't need cool look but I want quality and which is worth for that price :). I don't think my sound card's digital out is working after I see the post already :D

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that for the TBSC you need to buy a stereo mini>rca adapter and connect the RCA cable to the red plug. I think it has to do with which internal connector prong the digital signal is coming out on (i.e. the mono adapter doesn't connect to the correct prong)

Here's the URL: it's a Yamaha decoder but the concept is the same...

http://www.yamaha.ca/computer/support/faq/tss1/t112.html

HTH

Ruahrc