ProMedia 4.1-Sub rear panel super hot

Treyce

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?I was jamming the other night and had my ProMedia's cranked up pretty good when I heard a pop.The speakers still play fine at low volume but when I turn them up,they are distorted and the back of my sub panel stays really hot all the time now.What happened and can I fix this without having to take to repair shop?

Treyce

The pop could have been the system going into the emergency AVLS type setup. When they have been played loud for too long the amp shuts down and puts out nearly line level sound. if this happened too late you could have damaged the amp. contact klipsch directly about this, info in the signature.

A friend of mine had this very same problem and he ended up having to get the system replaced. I know he was playing it really loud and then the pop and the sub was very hot. You couldn't hold your finger on there at all! It was that hot. I would recommend getting them looked at. Or at least get the sub looked at.