Suggestions on DVD player?

E3T

OK, The system is: KLIPSCH RF-7 mains, RC-7 center, two sets of RS-7's as surround & back surround, two RSW-15's for "ummppppffff"; ARAGON Stage 1 pre-amp/tuner, 3002 for back surrounds, 3005 for everything else w/ mains bi-wired (3005 has dual out for each channel); SAMSUNG 63" 16x9 plasma. What DVD player? Give me at least 3 choices & why.

• Like 1

Your system seems pretty impressive so you probably aren't looking for a sub $300 DVD that plays MP3,CD-RW,CD,DVD, etc. with progressive scan.

Your great TV will probably highlight the finer detail of a more expensive player.

I'm not sure how big the improvements are so I'll defer to others that have shopped the ~$1k DVD market. SACD seems to be a feature in that class.

One idea I'm thinking about is using a Home Theater PC for my DVD player and recorder. I've read you can get high quality playback on a HTPC DVD player. It would be interesting to compare a $1k DVD to a HTPC w/DVD.

I have the Denon 3800. It has been excellent. I looked at the 9000 but could not justify the increased cost. In general I find the second best of a "good" line is plenty good for me. If I spend more I can never justify an "newer" model. The 9000 costs $3,500, I think, the 3800 was $1,200 list and I paid $900. I use this primarily for home theater and like everything about it.