Scott 299 Question

justin_tx_16

looking for an amp for my new heresy's. new to me at least.

Will this Scot 299 be a good choice? what is a decent price? i am clueless in this arena, any and all help is appreciated. I see there are a few on eBay. Which are goes, which are no's? What makes them so great? What did I forget?

well now that looks sharp! and the 222C is more practical than the 299 correct?

gonna check this over with my dad, still have 22 hours :)... gonna have to do a proxy bid though since i will be out nearly all day tomorrow.

what is special about these amps that people liks NOS enjoy them so much?

about LP's. When i was little my mom used to buy an LP everytime we went out, which was a new LP every day just about for lets see... from when I was like 3 till I was in first grade. they have been in storage for 8 years now. but we do have every al jareau, arron neville, micheal jackson, janet jackson, tina turner, etc etc, album produced. it is just a matter of getting them out of the studio "archives" which is a mess, i posted pics of the upstairs portion of the archives once... yeeeouch! but i have not listened to an LP in a long, long time. when i was in K-3 grade we would exocise to them in PE. when you have 500 kids jumping up and down on a giant outdoor, concrete floor gym, it causes some funny things to happen to the record player! LoL!

i do have a nice SONY (if there is such a thing) turn table, and one that is one of the firsts, you have to crank it etc. now that is neat! it has the original records that came with it and the original needles. my great, great (?) grandfather bought it. has its own horn speaker actually 3.gif

Ryan,

Yes,Welcome to the Forum.Its nice to have 2 Scott Pros9.gif on this forum.

I own the LK-48 thats mentioned in the 2 channel page (HF-81 vrs LK-48)that Craig restored to better than new condition.

Its my first venture in tubes and I really do like the sound with my K-horns.I'm sort of a volume freak so I ask you this.

(Craig you can chime in too)...

Would I gain anything in going with a LK-150 amp? I really love the looks of it and with its added 30 plus watts it might just be the next step up in my tube quest.

How does it compare sound wise to the 7189 based amps? About how much is the going rate? I know I would have to purchase a preamp with this as well but if thats the case I would consider it?

Any and all comments are welcome here guys.

Jeff

Chris,

I'll be home all day as I have several projects to do including-heater core in Robins friends car,changing oil in both of our vehicles,putting snow tires on my Corrado SLC and my time honered favorite...Raking Leaves!(yet again).

Its not too often when you get 60+ degrees days in November in New England!

See ya tomorrow,

Jeff

Could someone just like... this is going to sound crazy, but be on the look out for an amp for me ~$200? needs 1 input (stereo of course) but would like at least 2. i think the Scott 222C is the best choice for me, is it?

if I was able to get a good one and Craig was kind enough to fix-er-up for me, how much work would it be to maintain? do they need to be well ventilated?

did marantz make good tube amps back say 20 ish years ago? cause we have one, somewhere in the studio. would that be a good choice? it turns on, we know that, and probably was used for a month if that long.