RF-7 Biwiring

pettyfeversk

How much of a difference in sound do you hear when you biwire the RF-7 speakers. I understand it is supposed to improve imaging and detail and I am asking how much is noticeable vs the standard wiring. Would most people notice a big difference in sound or is it minimal? Is the midrange more defined?

I myself am at this moment testing my bi-wire beliefs. I've tried bi-wiring the traditional way (you know - removing the jumpers and running two seperate cables per speaker to woofer and tweeter),and did notice some extra sparkle,but I have heard that sometimes the improvements wrought by bi-wiring with inferior cable will benefit you no more than if you had used a single cable run of superior quality and correct gauge thickness in the first place. Maybe bi-wiring "improves" the sound only because you were using too thin a gauge of cable in single-run mode,and the bi-wiring boosted you up to the amount of cable that you always needed but never had. Some advocate bi-wiring while still leaving the jumpers connected,perhaps with two different cable types mixed (such as stranded wire and/or solid-core wire designs - I have noticed that these two types have different sonic traits and each type seems to cater best to certain frequency ranges) so that any particular frequency that favors travel on one certain type of design would theoretically be able to do so,while maintaining a coherent wholeness. Some say to try bi-wiring but leaving only the negative side jumpers on the speakers installed. And on and on...You see,there are so many options it is probably wise to do the true audiophile thing and study the problem,try everything you can,then go with what sounds the best to you (along with what you can afford). This is what I am doing as I am able. So start with reasonable basics,research,then add or subtract by ear...