david gilmour

lanelec

It's out there.David Gilmour in Concert

Sound: 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround and 24-bit stereo Linear PCM.

Picture: anamorphic 16:9

I found it at a local store yesterday in Pa. I would think the major chain stores would have it by now.It's all semi-acoustic but I heard it is excellent. Good Luck

I just saw this on a VH1 Special last night. Yes it is mainly acoustic. David has 12 backup singers, Michael Kamen on piano, Dick Perry on sax. The rest of the band is a cello player and a stand up bass player, both are excellent. Guest appearences by Bob Geldoff and Rick Write. Don't remember the drummers name. Played some of Syd's stuff, Division Bell, and other Floyd. I thought it was excellent. Don't look for a spectacular light show, very low key. I loved it and plan on picking it up.16.gif

No this is not available at this time on DVD. It was available on laserdisc some years ago. I saw a laserdisc copy on ebay 2 weeks ago though. Same with Pulse, only VHS and Laserdisc if you can find it. I have Pulse on Laserdisc and it is awesome. I have heard rummers that Pulse would be released on DVD in 2003, Will see.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Bob,

I saw the same one on ebay. most likely a bootleg. According to the label and sparbricks it wont be available until sometime next year. I would be leary of the sound being in 5.1. Gilmour and company would want to have their hands in the remix for the dvd. I see alot of these that come out of Hong Kong. But hey if you can find one that is more reasonable in cost it might be worth the try to hear how it sounds. For the mean time I'll stick with my laserdisc copy.

Be carefull with those "Asian" DVD's. I have a VCD of Pulse I bid on from Ebay. It shipped from Malasia.

It's pretty decent, and seems to be an actual studio release...but not a studio DD or DTS 5.1 DVD.

I hope Pink Floyd titles hit DVD, DVD-a, or SACD SOON!

Take care

Mike