Are the 600m speakers an upgrade to my rf-42 II?

lesaew

Hi.

I have RF42II and have heard the predecessor of 600m, that is 160m.

In general, the answer to your question would depend on what are you expecting from 600m and what you get from your existing combo.

I do not have a sub. Also, I found that RF42s are very difficult to place in all the rooms I have tried, mainly because of boomy rear ported bass. Since you have a sub, I guess the placement is less of an issue. Owners of 600m report that bookshelves are less demanding regarding placement than floorstanders.

If your combo RF42s plus sub works well, I would not be expecting big improvements from 600m speaker and would find hard to justify the purchase. The horn may be a bit better in bookshelves, but that would sum it up.

You can always try to audition the 600m and hear what your ears tell you.

13 hours ago, lesaew said:

Does anyone know how the 600m speakers compare to my current setup

Welcome to the Klipsch forums.  I own the 600M.

The 600M is a nice sounding speaker, especially for the price.  It is nicely balanced top to bottom and you can run it off of any kind of amp and it sounds good.  They are strong enough to be used for mains as long as you don't drive them to crazy loud levels.  I have some large mains and although the 600M can be used as mains, the large floorstanders are effortless when pushing to high SPL's.

Can the 600M replace your RF-42?  Since I've never even heard the RF-42, I really don't know.  I just know the 600M sounds good.

151202796_RP-600MJudgeJudy_small2.jpg.a686a14f871cb71f0f43f6bcbca5fa91.jpg

Thanks for the reply’s. I wish there was a place I could audition them. The only klipsch dealer in my area is Best Buy that I know of. The rf-42 II speakers are the smallest towers that klipsch offered in that line up. They sound good with the sub picking up the low end. And I have a pretty small room 12x16 to be exact. I don’t want to waste my money for minor improvements with the 600m speakers.