New idea for Home Teater ....

Youngklip

I thought about getting another Center channel and put it under the tv. And keep my old one on top. I will power the lower one with my power amp that is getting is signal from my pre-outs from my receiver and then power the top with my Receiver's power. Anyone doing this if so let me know.

My guess is that it would give a fuller sound. Also setting the output level would be a bit trickier. You would most likely want to adjust them independantly of each other. Do your top, get it dialed in, then unplug that speaker, and plug in only your bottom, get it dialed in. Then have them both plugged in and recheck making sure that your balanced. This is of course making the assumption that you can adjust the output levels on your amp. That's how I had to do my additional set of side surrounds.

well, my set up is similar. I have the mains running on their own amp (the Mcintosh) and pre amp. So this makes watching movies a little more tricky, but I have figured out that to get the right level, the stereo preamp has to be set 33 db higher than the receiver does. so it's not to tuff anymore.

I am looking for a taller center channel sound stage. It be nice to seem and this channel in movies. If your watching a movie and there is some talking below the main action area then it be nice to hear that action on another channel. Say your watching a Horrow movie and there is a dead guy on the floor, well his voice would come from the lower speaker and then some demon is hanging from the top of roof then you use the top center channel. Think about the realism Top and bottom Effects!!!! dolby needs to work on this and slow down a bit on the surround information.

----------------

On 11/10/2002 4:11:45 PM Youngklip wrote:

I am looking for a taller center channel sound stage. ----------------

Not sure what you mean by that statement. Adding a second CC under the TV will NOT give you desired effect as both CC's will still receive the same signal.

What are you using for a CC? I've got a KLF-10 that I converted and it does a GREAT job. Perhaps you need a better CC.

I would also imagine that for a top & bottom CC with different signals that you'd need a pretty large screen to really make it effective.