How To Contact A Denon Rep??

Lovebohn

Im looking at purchasing a new Denon DVD player and found a good deal on the DVD1600 but want to double check if this guy is the real deal or just leading me on. I looked at the Denon web page and he wasnt listed, but had the excuse they are not up to date which I can believe. The Klipsch web page still has my local audio shop listed and they stopped carrying our fine speakers two years ago. A phone number or E-mail address to talk with a reliable Denon rep would help me out. Thanks

Hmmm, some say the fastest way is to fly to Nepal, become a monk and meditate. The friendly, helpful, patient Denon Rep will find you sometime after nirvanna. By that time all you will remember is... "Sheer existance is a gas!"

Actually, all the glowing terms and rampant adulation for Denon usually dies when its time for warranty work... or at least that has been a common complaint on this Forum. But, once in awhile, the fog parts and great things do occur. Be persistant... you paid for the opportunity... now make sure you collect.

Okay, all you Denon 11.gif Demons... help this man through the fiery portal! -HornED

Did you try calling the number shown in their "warning" on their home audio web page:

"WARNING TO VALUED CONSUMERS:

The warranty on DENON Electronics products is NOT VALID if the products have been purchased from an unauthorized dealer/on-line E-tailer or if the original factory serial number has been removed, defaced or replaced in any way. Recently DENON Electronics has become aware of numerous instances in which such serial number tampering has occurred. Unauthorized dealers/on-line E-tailers and/or their suppliers frequently alter the serial numbers in an effort to prevent manufacturers from tracing the supplier source. DENON Electronics sell products through authorized retail and on-line channels to insure that consumers obtain quality pre-sale and after-sale support and service. PROTECT YOUR WARRANTY. Buy from an authorized DENON Electronics dealer/E-tailer. Check the unit and its packaging to determine whether the factory serial number may have been altered. If in doubt, call DENON Electronics at (973)396-0810."

I am with Ed on this - I really do like my Denon 3802, but early on when I needed the pyscological support of human intervention I came up with little more than acknowledgement that I existed (I am quite use to obstinance and rudeness in my daily work, but this was beyond the ordinary lack of respect for a customer). There were a large number of Denon users out there that came to the rescue.

The sad part --- When I was on another bulletin board that was often attended by Denon I suggested that 'non authorized' dealers may not be a bad road to go since I surely did not get a great return from their support on my premium price (and was joined by a chorus). That comment resulted in three (yes 3) phone calls and over 10 Emails that were 'educating' me on warranty and support coverage. Man, if they just put the same effort into fixing my problems as they did to retort, I would have been a very happy customer.

I auditioned long and the Denon is still my choice for performance and price - just not a big fan of the company as a whole...

I called the number on their web page and talked with a very nice women right away. She looked up on the list and told me no he is not authorized and were only the handful of authorized e-tailers and did not find the company listed in Florida for a normal audio shop. I'm going to e-mail the guy back to see what he has to say.

And some people need help wiping their a$$, too!

I've called Richard (Tony) many times at 973-396-7474 and always receive knowledgeable responses. I haven't needed warranty work though, haven't had any problems at all with my Denon products.

For turntable related problems ask for Jim, he's an ace.

If that ain't easy enough, ask yo mama for help.

Keith

I think a few of you might have not understood what i was asking. I found a deal online for a new DVD player but I think it could be a fly-by-night eBay seller that is here today and gone tomorrow. I just need to get a dealer number or some other proof that he is the real deal and not going to take my money and run.

1.gif

Hello Dave. I believe I understand your question. While I NOW, thanks to Tweeter,Inc.'s $hitty customer service, recommend you never buy from Tweeter( they use the customer service BS to justify their high prices and then actually provide NO customer service) I would recommend you buy from an internet seller that at least has some history of being reputable (that is, taking your money and sending the product) and maybe pay a few bucks more,rather than just chasing the lowest price.

Why not start a new thread requesting info on internet sellers that members here have had good luck buying from?

Good luck to you!

Keith