Tactile Transducers

Robert Gervais

I don't know about the brand you speak of, but I do have a pair of 50-watt aura pro shakers installed in my couch. I think I would consider this a MUST-HAVE in HT.

See: http://www23.brinkster.com/twowatt/shakers.htm

Best $175 I've ever spent (including the amp I bought just for them :) )

Edit: I went & looked at the Clark Page, very nice, very expensive.

----------------

On 11/18/2002 9:43:12 AM Robert Gervais wrote:

I have looked at the Aura models. I am more familiar with the Clark line of transducers. I want to install a floating floor with two transducers in the floor. Just to shake things up a bit!

----------------

Robert, I have read a couiple of articles on the buttkicker transducers, both articles mentioned that they were not impressed with non buttkicker transducers mounted to the floor. They said you could hardly feel them. To get going with the buttkicker is rather spendy, but from what I have read, they really shake things up.

The are wicked fun!!!!! During sudden explosions or occurences they can tend to startle the weary.

I went with the Aura 50 watt shakers. Bought 3 of 4 sets on ebay for $71 a set plus shipping.

The seller is phoenixbaymart. Shipping seems o be slow. For faster service check out www.smarthome.com, prices are significantly higher.

I have 2 recliners and a loveseat. Each seat has on mounted on the butt and one on the back. They are powered with an old JVC 2 channel receiver. By using an old receiver it offers flexibility in controlling the shakers; Volume over power (careful not to over power the shakers), the balance can control can be used to balance power between the butt or back or control on and off of patricular shakers and the channel select ot control on and off of particular shakers.

I purchsed an inexpensive amp but found the flexibility of the receiver a more fulfilling experience.

I did look at the other items but for under $400 I was able to outfit my entire setup.

Scott