Definitve Tech. ?

Fordman

DefTech along with Paradigm seem to be the best at compiling awards and high scores for value from consumer electronic mags and then letting their marketing machine crank out ads with the awards as the focus. Their towers seem to be the most popular with integrated subs. I haven't heard the BP10's which don't have subs, but I would assume they are similar sounding to the towers which I have heard but with less bass.

I found the BP2000TL's (at $3,000/pr) to be very different from the RF7's which I compared. The RF7's emphasized the higher frequencies and the DefTechs did not.

The DefTechs are well known and popular so if you get a good price and mint condition they should be easy to sell when you want to upgrade.

Fordman,

The owners of Definitive speakers seem to like them. My advice is listen before you buy; Definitive's sound is very different from Klipsch.

Some folks report problems with their receivers when trying to drive Def. speakers. They are definitely not as easy to drive as Klipsch. You may need to upgrade amplification if you buy, so factor that possibility into your decision.

Bill

As KJ said great marketing drives the sales! Get a few LOOK AT ME awards and the coveted BEST OF THE SOSO's BEST award and trumpet the award gold plated ME TOO medal to all.

Marketing aside Deinitive speakers are quite OK,well built,good quality drivers and sound competent.

Just nothing as earth shattering as you read in the hoopla driven..adds.See adds always surface back. LOL

Paradigm gets under my skin sometimes with the massive marketing machine.

From my personal experience with Definitive Technology speakers I can tell you that, for the price, they are well built speakers. I like their sound because they are not 'bright', which I prefer. If you want speakers for HT use, overly crisp midrange at loud volume levels for hours spells fatigue to my ears. I would probably have bought that brand had I not found a deal on the Synergy's that I use now. Go to your nearest dealer and listen for yourself. And good luck!

Keith

EDIT: I forgot one thing. My Definitive Technology dealer has several goof-balls working there. Wonder why manufacturers never seem to learn that their dealers more or less represent them. I'll never spend another dime at this particular dealership.