Binding post caps

18 minutes ago, Ol_mcdonald said:

I wish all speakers had Neutrik speakOn connections. NEVER had one fail, can be connected and disconnected over and over and no worse for the wear. I modded my Klipschorns and did away with the binding posts entirely.

3EEBA26D-2419-4096-BC9B-EC64803D5957.jpeg

Agreed. Went this route when I redid my la scala bass bins and have them on my subs as well. My top HF sections utilize ol fashioned barrier strips though.

19 hours ago, Alexander said:

How many factory binding posts are you willing to possibly damage to get a usable cap? Wouldn't it be better to just get a single OEM post assembly and swap it out with the damaged one? They are very easy to remove & replace as a unit.

not wanting to risk damage of anything, just asking if anyone had any of the caps laying around they didnt need.  i agree it would be best to replace the complete post & i will do that if i dont find any loose caps.  i will be recapping the x-overs in these KG4's so will look into replacing the posts. 

17 hours ago, MechEngVic said:

These are them. The caps don't unscrew without enough effort to possibly damage them. Replacing the whole post would require removing the binding post cup, loosening the crossover, disconnecting the wires and removing the posts, no soldering required. That part's up to you. They're yours if you want them.

682960692_2020-07-2614_38_04.thumb.jpg.527e468373c9e907a92b620b315de0e7.jpg

Thanks!  looks like that will be the best option vs finding a loose undamaged cap, i just figured there might be some caps out there since one of mine was removed but still working & one is just gone.  i will send you a PM on the caps.