The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Youthman

Thoroughly Impressed with The Fives - REVIEW

On 4/3/2021 at 3:31 PM, Fidelio said:

The eq approach give me some hopes, but I wonder if the fives signature isn't quite all for me.

Want my opinion? Seeing as you're getting a subwoofer, stuffing the ports with a chunk of acoustic foam will also help clean up their mid-bass response. That's what I did to achieve the sound in the video below. Wait until the end to hear the difference without any of the tweaking:

11 hours ago, Quiet_Hollow said:

Want my opinion? Seeing as you're getting a subwoofer, stuffing the ports with a chunk of acoustic foam will also help clean up their mid-bass response. That's what I did to achieve the sound in the video below. Wait until the end to hear the difference without any of the tweaking:

That's cool, I just catch your video on youtube a couple of days ago! Thanks for the advice.

Wow, the difference is remarkable. Is there's any inconveniences using this foam? I assume it could be removed any time or the effect is permanent?t. It could be a less expensive solution until (if) they release the eq app.

By the way, I haven't watched Tenet yet. By what I heard on your video, looking forward to do it under this configuration.

13 hours ago, Fidelio said:

Is there's any inconveniences using this foam? I assume it could be removed any time or the effect is permanent?t.

Sourcing material can be a chore I guess. I just used a couple ~13cm wide pieces of low-height charcoal egg crate foam. Could be removed anytime.

On 4/6/2021 at 2:30 AM, Quiet_Hollow said:

Sourcing material can be a chore I guess

It could be in did, but I think I found the product you refer to. I will try it when the subw arrive.

Thanks!