Klipsch Heresy II's or RB-5 II's?

mutant

Don't forget to compare them to your RF7's (except on the bass response of course 2.gif). A detailed comparison would be useful!

Mutant, if there is a way to listen to both go for it. I would say (from memory only) that the Heresy is way more detailed on the mid's zone. The highs appear to be cristal clear on both, and in the bass department, depending on the location, the Heresy have the edge. This is because being in a sealed cabinet the bass doesn't fall as fast as the ported design of the RB5's. Talking about a punchy mid bass, maybe the RB5's are better.

I won't give you my impressions on soundstage or imaging, because I didn't listen to them in the same room. The RB5's belong to a friend and his room is bigger than mine.

Mutant -

The best speaker for you might depend on your musical preference, equipment, placement, and room size. The RB 5s are excellent speakers, I can't imagine anyone not being happy with them. If however you want to go the Heresy route, the Heresy original might give you better sound. Some people who have had both feel the Heresy 1s are better speakers then the IIs. There are lots and lots of Heresys for auction, so you should not have a problem finding them.

The RBs are a two way speaker that can also be Bi-wired. They are not a floor speaker by any means. If you want a floor speaker, go with the Heresys. If you go with RB5s expect to put them on a foundation or sturdy stands (which adds to the cost).

Good luck.

- tb