Hooked up my new system!

SteveDeBeave

I got all my Klipsch speakers hooked up yesterday. Finally got rid of the old Yamaha stuff and did the major upgrade.

SF-2 mains

SC-1 center

SS-1 Rears

KSW-12 woofer

Sony DE845 receiver

Sony S560D DVD

Sony CE345 CD

Monster woofer cable

Fine 12ga. wire

Optical inputs

All I can say is WOW! This is a nice setup. I was looking for good midrange and these SF-2's got lots. I listened to this subwoofer in a couple of stores and was some what concerned that it would not be enough for my room. Well I was suprised! I have the woofer only at 8 and it blows me away. Very nice crisp bass, not boomy, shakes the entire house. Those concrete rooms at the stores just don't get it.

I almost bought Polk Audio speakers. But after hearing the Klipsch I was convinced right off. It's hard to put the way they sound in compairing them to Polks in words. I guess crisper is about all I can say, tighter sounds then Polk. I'm happy!!

Steve

Steve,

Glad to hear that you are up and running. I like the midrange response from my SF-2's also.

My family room is on a concrete slab, but the two KSW-10's also shake the house. I am very happy with them.

How do you like the SS-1 for rears? I need to replace the quintets.

------------------

Jim

SF-2 Mains

SF-1 Center (pair)

Quintet Rears

KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Wow!!!!

I have been home with a crappy cold today so I am taking advantage of my system. Those MP3's off the puter are great!

As for the SS-1's, they sound super. I had to play around with the settings on my reciever. I had the rear base up way to high and was getting some crackle with large base sounds. Still getting used to all these new settings with the Sony, but once I got that base down the crackle is gone. Last night we watched U571 and Remember the Titans. With my old infinity rears the sound was there but not that great. With the Klipsch it's like your in the sub with the crew! I can't imagine a better sounding system. wink.gif

Steve

------------------