hilarious, check this out

Tom Mobley

Little tough to tell right now. My LS are torn down to refinish the boxes, my Eico is currently hooked up to a set of Nakamichi car stereo speakers. I think their sensitivity is, uh, somewhat less than the LS's. being kind about it.

However, the PS itself is still buzzing away like it always has. I've replaced the PS caps and the can cap, no fix, no difference. It sounds just like the transformer in the 4 foot flourescent light over the workbench behind me. In fact, I turned off the light to see if it was really the light or some kind of weird interaction.

Pat, did you see my offer to help you with the email address of the thief you recently encountered?

HDBR, please have a look at the topic I addressed to you over in the updating older speakers section, if you get a chance.

Tom

Done. Notice my cell phone number in there also.

Tom

Got any bright ides on the PS buzzing? It vibrates the amp. Nothing I've done has changed it at all. It is putting out the correct voltages, Craig walked me through through checking the voltages in the amp after I bought a decent meter. with LS's hooked up there is a low level hum that's not responsive to the controls at all, nothing changes it including changing out all the tubes.

Edit: typos