Forte I chicagoland

DTO

Yes.  I was listing other stuff on CL that I wanted to get rid of, so I listed them there, and before I finished listing things, I had 3 people interested. (I guess that's what happens when you don't list them for outrageous prices like the two that are currently on Ebay!) So, I never got around to posting them here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Iteachstem said:

Yes.  I was listing other stuff on CL that I wanted to get rid of, so I listed them there, and before I finished listing things, I had 3 people interested. (I guess that's what happens when you don't list them for outrageous prices like the two that are currently on Ebay!) So, I never got around to posting them here.

I wish I needed them. It was a hood deal!

They are officially gone!

Now if anyone is interested, I have a set of KG 4.2's for sale $250.... and eventually a set of Forte II's.  I'm just sitting here doing an A/B comparison of the two, and the 4.2's have better low end!  Although, to be fair, I upgraded the 10" drivers on the 4.2's.

image0.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iteachstem said:

They are officially gone!

Now if anyone is interested, I have a set of KG 4.2's for sale $250.... and eventually a set of Forte II's.  I'm just sitting here doing an A/B comparison of the two, and the 4.2's have better low end!  Although, to be fair, I upgraded the 10" drivers on the 4.2's.

image0.jpeg

I might have interest in the Fiis. Solid price on the 4.2s though

3 minutes ago, DTO said:

I might have interest in the Fiis. Solid price on the 4.2s though

I'm planning on refinishing the F II's.  I don't know when I'll get around to that...as I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. :) 

I try to price things what I feel they are really worth... I try not to buy into the crazy prices people think things are worth.  I'm sure I could get more the the 4.2's but they have new drivers in them, and a lot of hard core Klipsch fans will poo poo this idea, so I priced them lower to help them get over it!  Plus, these function, and in my opinion, sound better than the original drivers.  I know that for sure as I had two sets and did an A/B between the two. But, sound is so subjective, who can really say one is better than the other until they come listen and decide for themselves.

8 minutes ago, Iteachstem said:

I'm planning on refinishing the F II's.  I don't know when I'll get around to that...as I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. :) 

I try to price things what I feel they are really worth... I try not to buy into the crazy prices people think things are worth.  I'm sure I could get more the the 4.2's but they have new drivers in them, and a lot of hard core Klipsch fans will poo poo this idea, so I priced them lower to help them get over it!  Plus, these function, and in my opinion, sound better than the original drivers.  I know that for sure as I had two sets and did an A/B between the two. But, sound is so subjective, who can really say one is better than the other until they come listen and decide for themselves.

See above

On 11/25/2020 at 7:10 PM, Iteachstem said:

Now if anyone is interested, I have a set of KG 4.2's for sale $250....

Thanks for offering them here. 

and eventually a set of Forte II's. 

Maybe list them in the Garage sale section first?? I try to do that in a way to pay it back or pay it forward to people here who help each other.  

GLWS

I'm just sitting here doing an A/B comparison of the two, and the 4.2's have better low end!  Although, to be fair, I upgraded the 10" drivers on the 4.2's.

I like how you're staggering the speakers for a more fair AB session.