Best DVD players under $250?

Hofy

Hello there duct tape master

Toshiba 4700 and 5700 fit with no hesitation as two of perhaps the 5 or six best DVD players under $250US.

I have the Toshiba 5700 alongside a Pioneer DVAX10 a player costing a few dozen times as much.And the Toshiba holds quite well!

Tried Sony,Onkyo,Marantz and company,the Toshiba surprised me with its picture quality.Sound quality could be better(compared with the DVAX10 and Sony SCD1).When compared to its rivals in price the audio is quite good.

I think the Toshiba 4700 has evolved into the 4800. The main difference, from what I've heard, is the DVDA works better on the 4800. I have the 4700 and really like it. For the price, to get a quality progressive scan DVD player is pretty nice. A lot of people would recommend checking out the Panasonics in this price range also.

I read in a magazine that the SD6200(don't know if it's still available) has the same video/audio section as the flagship SD9200. It just doesn't have the extrodinary build quality of the 9200. If that's true then it would be a no brainer for me. I have the 9200 and it's video and audio are top notch. It's one of the few pieces that has been constant in my evolving system. On ebay they've been sold under $200!

If you want current models, I'd probably pick the SD4800.

Hofy,

If you take a look at "AVSFORUM.COM" you will see that the "PANASONIC RP82" and the "PHILIPS DVD-963SA" seem to be the best bang for the buck. And for more expensive, you have the "DENON DVD 1600" wich is very good particularly in the audio department...

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your input. And the new DVD player is.....Panasonic RP82.

It should be here before the weekend. Then I get to test it at night before I wrap it up and put it under the Christmas tree. No more having to listen to the wife complain about sitting in front of a computer to watch movies. 9.gif

(BTW the DVD ROM I have in my system is a Toshiba. First and only choice for computer DVD.)