Martin Logan Sub

Q-Man

Anyone ever hear the Martin Logan Powered subwoofer called the Descent?

On the PS Audio site there is a discussion about it.

They compared it with the Velodyne HGS-18. I'm being told that the Descent is much more musical, cleaner, and has alot

more output below 30Hz. then the HGS-18.

Q,

I gave it a listen a few months ago when the "Pomps and Pipes" was the hot topic.

I spent some time at the Orlando Sound Advice (Sand Lake near the Florida Mall) with the fella I buy from. Track 4 titled "The Vikings" just about leveled the place!. I've only heard a handful of subs Klipsch,Velodyne,MacIntosch and M&K hands dowm the Martin Logan was quite amazing! I can't fathom what would be better unless Ears has something in his quiver to take down this goliath!

Gene at Sound Advice mentioned that Martin Logan has a smaller on on the way with three eight inch drivers I'm unclear on the amp.

For 3K I wonder what would compare in the Land of SVS or even your Sunfire at that.

JTS8,

Yep the Descent and new little brother(triple 8" woofers)are true quality subs.Martin Logan has two winners,price while not cheap is far from expensive.

Under 30Hz it has good output,not in the SVS or Aerial league.I am sure my Aerial would whip the Descent down low.